if you live with me you probably know that my room is a mess. and i’m not exaggerating. that’s why when the workers at Arhaus.com encouraged me to write a post about what a dream reading nook would be, i couldn’t refuse.
i chose to list five things that would make a reading nook a dreamlike (is that a word?) one, so here we go!
- i want the whole room. not only a part of my bedroom. no no, that’s too small. how will i be able to fit all my books, my soul and my 23654 writing ideas in a little corner (well, it does fit now, but barely). i want a whole room for my books! and reading! and bookstagram! and blogging! i could do everything book-related there. which probably means i will stay there 24/7.
- a make-it-look-like-a-nightclub pendant light. yes, that’s right. what did you say? go to a party? and be out of my reading nook (or room)? is it possible? why not come with me instead, i have a pendant light with seven lightbulbs and each one is a color of the rainbow. we can party with books. your choice.
- a throne that makes me look like i’m actually sitting on my books. which i’m not, since it’s too much work and damage for my beautiful color-arranged bookshelves. having a chair like that would make me able to read and talk about books while actually sitting on books (okay maybe if this becomes a real thing, it wouldn’t be REAL books i’d be sitting on, but you get the point). wouldn’t this be cool?
- pillows! pillows everywhere! because i always need a pillow when i’m reading or on my computer or something like that. and bookish pillows (you know, the ones that have quotes and graphics on them) wouldn’t be a bad idea. in fact, it would be a GREAT idea.
- a ladder. okay this probably comes off as weird at the beginning but then you probably realize that i’m a foetus-sized human being and that i need a ladder to reach the highest shelves (every space should be used). not only that, but a ladder can be very aesthetically pleasing on shelves. (has anyone thought about it before? or is it just me?)
yeah, that pretty much sums it up.
i know this list is messier than my room right now (that’s the least messy it can get), but i pretty much like the result. pretty original and pretty cool. just like me (lol).