even though it’s sad to see summer wrapping up (i mean, for some people, i know that a lot of you are excited for fall/winter), i can say that i had a pretty good one, mainly because i read
and bought a lot of good books. and with summer coming to an end, i thought why not do a book haul.
i already read most of these books (i know, i know), so i’ll be giving a quick opinion about those (i loved 90% of the ones i read, so be ready for some serious fangirling).
books that were gifted to me
- WINTER, by Marissa Meyer: this is the last book in The Lunar Chronicles series, and this book was one of the best books i’ve ever read. i just…wow. it was amazing, and i’m so sad to see this series coming to an end.
- QUEEN OF SHADOWS, by Sarah J. Maas: i…dnfed this book (did not finish). i just didn’t like it. i had so many problems with it, the plot was rather slow to me, and i didn’t like “the new Caelena”. i might come back to it though…
- SALT TO THE SEA, by Ruta Sepetys: i read this book about a month ago, and it was so heartbreaking. it felt a little like Titanic, but not really… overall, i really liked it.
books that i purchased/bought
- HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD, by J. K. Rowling: which i read, and LOVED. i didn’t realize how much i missed this world. this book was everything i could ask for. it did feel like a fanfiction (as many people say), but i didn’t mind to be honest.
- SIX OF CROWS, by Leigh Bardugo: i’m currently reading this book, and OH MY. this is so good. i’m loving all the characters (who are so diverse), the plot is so original, and i just…*sigh*.
- ANGELFALL, by Susan Ee: this book is my best friend’s favorite of all time, so of course she pushed me to buy it.
- WORLD AFTER, by Susan Ee: and buy the sequel.
- THE UNEXPECTED EVERYTHING, by Morgan Matson: i ~unexpectedly~ found this book in the airport when i was coming back from the Canary Islands, and i do not regret buying it. it was so cute and fluffy, and i couldn’t put it down. (full thoughts
hopefullycoming in a review soon.)
- PERCY JACKSON AND THE SEA OF MONSTERS, by Rick Riordan: yes, i did buy the second book without even reading the first one.
- BLUE LILY, LILY BLUE, by Maggie Stiefvater: you probably know that THE DREAM THIEVES is one of my favorite books ever, so of course i had to buy the next book. i still haven’t read it though…
- SENSE AND SENSIBILITY, by Jane Austen: i read PRIDE & PREJUDICE by the same author, and i really liked it. so as soon as i found another book of Austen’s in the bookstore, i picked it up. i can’t wait to read it (as soon as i am in the mood for it).
*sigh* that was a lot of work.
have you read any of these books? did you spot any favorites?