ahhhh, june, what a month it was! i had a lot of exams, i was done with school (FINALLY?! i don’t know if i should feel sad because i’m not returning to that school anymore or happy because i’m finally free?!), it was Ramadan (it still is while writing this post but it’s almost done), aaand i managed to read three books in the last week. boredom.
j u n e ‘ 1 6
what i read
as i said before, the first half (? 2/3?) of the month was busy. very very busy. i had a lot of finals and i was fasting and all of this was just tiring me so much, and in two weeks i managed to read about 150 pages, and couldn’t post as usual on the blog. on the other hand, in the last week of june, since i only had three books and no laptop, i did read the three books i had. BUT i found neither of them to be very good (one of them was even a DNF) (DNF means DO NOT FINISH, which means i didn’t finish the book), so it wasn’t a really good month for me. oh well…here’s what i read.
all book titles are linked to their goodreads page.
- FANGIRL by Rainbow Rowell: as much as i really liked the first part of this book, i found the second part felt slow and most of it was useless, and the ending left me with a lot of questions. ★★★☆☆
- ILLUMINAE by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: i wanted to love this book, like everyone has, but i couldn’t. i didn’t find in this book anything that i could have liked. i did like some parts though (like the machine part).★★★☆☆ (review for this one coming soon.)
- HALF WILD by Sally Green: it felt more like a chore than a pleasure to be reading this book, so i just dnfed it. oh well… ★☆☆☆☆
what i posted on the blog
l i f e s t y l e :
b o o k i s h :
- REVIEW + DISCUSSION: the raven boys by maggie stiefvater
- the current state of mental illness in young adult books
t h e r a v e n b o y s :
i’ve been obsessing over THE RAVEN BOYS by Maggie Stiefvater this month, after reading it at the end of may. that book was just so good, and i kept looking for aesthetics and fanart of it, as well as reading quotes and passages on Goodreads. i’ve also read THE DREAM THIEVES, which is the second book in the series, and it’s even better than the first one. i’m so excited to read the third and fourth book and see where the story goes.
a e s t h e t i c s :
i think these will remain in my favorites section for many months. i just love to see and make aesthetics, it’s just so good and addictive (not that i really mind to be honest).
c a l l i g r a p h y :
after reading this post by Nisha at a running commentary, i’ve been obsessing over calligraphy. however, i still haven’t started it (oops). but now that i have time because it’s summer break, i think i will get into it and give it a try.
j u l y ‘ 1 6
i decided that i wouldn’t have monthly tbrs anymore, because i usually just don’t read the books i plan to read at the beginning of every month. i think i’m more of a moody reader. we’ll see where we’ll get with this. it’s already working actually, (a little spoiler of the next monthly recap) i’ve already read almost two books, and we haven’t even got into half of july.
i’ve also started camp nanowrimo! i’m so excited about it! even though, i’m 99% sure i’ll tragically fail because i’m already waaaay behind on it, i’m trying anyway, because i still have hope for the rest of the month.
g o a l s o f t h e m o n t h :
- post more on instagram (& take more bookstagram picture)
- get into calligraphy
- draw more (i should really get into this it has been months since i’ve drawn something)
- write more for camp nanowrimo
so tell me: how was your month? which books have you read? what was your favorite out of them? what have you been obsessing over lately? what are your goals for july?